Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
An Optical Team Lead is responsible for supporting all facets of the dispensary, including but not limited to: The daily operation of the optical shop, including leading the optician team through changes, high level personal sales performance, expense and budgetary controls, and inventory controls while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Ensuring our patients have the best experience is a priority. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented with an ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a commitment to teamwork and provides a great opportunity to join a growing and successful company. The Optical Team Lead will be expected to learn and support the policies and procedures necessary for opening, closing, and operating the dispensary, and is ultimately the subject matter expert for daily operations in the optical.
- Meet and/or exceed pre-established company goals.
- Demonstrate a professional and enthusiastic representation of Vision Associates at all times.
- Must perform all responsibilities as an Optician
- Listen and respond immediately with an appropriate level of concern to all patient and practice issues.
- Analyze, solve, and correct customer service issues.
- Ensure best practices are being delivered so that patients are satisfied and make their purchases with the optical dispensary.
- Ensure from an operational standpoint that staff training, coaching and development are utilized for every optician.
- Responsible for partnering with District Manager on scheduling all associates to the needs of the business
- Assist the District Manager in all recruiting activities.
- Motivate employees to exceed performance standards and recognize their successes.
- Communicate directly and promptly any concerns related to patient or practice satisfaction to the District Manager
- Foster positive working relationships with the practice doctors and clinical staff.
- Initiate appropriate action to improve personal optical sales performance, setting an example for the optical team.
- You may from time to time be required to perform tasks not specifically listed here, but the company will ensure that you have received adequate training and support to facilitate such assigned tas
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous leadership experience in retail and/or optical industry.
- State licensure and certifications (where applicable).
- Effective interpersonal, coaching and development skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Ability to foster and maintain a positive working relationship with the practice team and optical staff.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and understandable manner.
- Ability to analyze financial data to identify trends and adjust strategy accordingly
- Recruiting and interviewing skills
- Ability to be on your feet most of the day or moving on the sales floor.